Tuesday 1 October 2013

A month of Living Without

I was inspired by one of my favourite blog's experiment "Living Without". They're called Minimalisterna, which in english means The Minimalists. Although sadly their blog is in swedish, so I'm not sure a lot of you people out there will be able to be inspired by their lifestyle. But you can always use google translate.

While my goal for this month will be a bit simpler to achieve, I still think it's best to start out slow. So what will I live without throughout October?

Facebook.
With me being home a lot, Facebook is one of the first webpages I click on when I start up my computer. I refresh constantly. It's time-consuming, and although it does bless me with my friends' eager sharing of interesting news articles, I still feel it's not worth it. It makes me sad when I think about how much time I've wasted on that site.


Rules.
1. I will still be logged in during this month. I enter quite a lot of giveaways (oh, how I enjoy them!), so FB is needed for entering most of them.
2. I will not check new notices. It will surely lead me to stay and start clicking and reading.
3. I've removed the FB-icon from my starter page - on both my computer and cellphone. If I don't see it whenever I open a new tab, I will hopefully eventually forget the need to click it.

I've actually already gone a week without Facebook. But I figure another 31 days won't be a problem.
I will update during this month and let you all know how it's going. The main thing I'm wondering about is:

Will I start doing other things instead?
Productive things or just start doing something equally as meaningless and time-consuming?



Let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment